TYPO3 as Web-to-Print Solution
Timo Schmidt currently work on his diploma thesis with the topic how TYPO3 can be used in Web-to-Print Usecases.
The main idea is to reuse the content stored in the CMS.
The way how it works:
- an editor can create a set of contentelements with the help of a backend modul
- The set (collection) can be saved for later exporting
- The collection can be exported to several target formats:
- contentelements are exported as XML files
- XML is transformed with XSLT to several target formats like Latex/Indesign Import ... then
- collaborative work on print-products
- Autoexport a printversion of a Webcatalogue
- generate several handbooks/ flyers etc with the content of your webpage.
The work is supported by AOE media GmbH.
He did really good work and the first result can be viewed as a screecast here:
Comments and ideas are very much welcome (please follow direct link to article therefore)